frequently asked quastions
Am I allowed to cancel my advert?
We understand that life and business is an ever-changing landscape, and perhaps you need to cancel your advert before your term has expired. Please give us a written notice before the next cut-off date and we will cancel the contract. a Cancellation fee equivalent to one month’s payment will be charged.
When must payments be done and can it be paid monthly?
You are welcome to pay on a monthly basis for your advert. The prices on the rate card is the monthly installment, everything included. However, if you would like to pay upfront for the full term of your contract, we will give you a 5% discount on the total amount.
All adverts are payable in advance, which means that you must pay for your ad before or on the monthly cut-off date. Please send your proof of payment via sms or email. Your reference is your business name.
Payments must be made via EFT. We will email you an invoice before the cut-off date every month as a reminder.
How does the index work?
The Index is another FREE service for our advertisers, making it much easier for readers to find your business in the MootMark booklets.
The Index is sorted according to categories and the advertisers are placed alphabetically under these categories. Each advertiser gets one listing in the Index.
Can I ask that my advert be placed on a specific page / place in the booklet?
No, except if you have a front page, back page or Promo booking.
The monthly layout of the booklet is done every month from scratch. Your advert will be placed according to various categories: Food & Function – Hobbies & Art – Children – Health & Beauty – Home & Garden – Finance & Business etc. To be fair to all advertisers, we rotate the categories every 2 months. Thus, during the course of your advertising period, you will find yourself in the front, middle or back of the MootMark booklets.
When would you like info for the new ad or any changes?
All new ads and monthly changes must be sent to MootMark by the relevant cut-off dates to ensure correct placement in the next issues of MootMark.
After the cut-off date we cannot guarantee that we will still be able to place your new ad, or that there will be time to make the requested changes.
Am I allowed to make regular changes to my advert?
We encourage all our advertisers to make monthly or regular changes to their adverts. It keeps MootMark more interesting, vibrant and relevant for our readers.
Since it is a FREE service, why not give us a call or send an email before the next cut-off date? Tell the readers about what’s happening in your business, your latest special offers or even give them some handy tips. Become known as the expert and leader in your industry.
We will send you a proof of your changed advert before placement. Please reply with any corrections, changes or approval within the next 24hours. We would like your advert to be perfect and ready for printing as soon as possible.
How to write an advert that works
Ensure that your advert is the appropriate size for the impact you want to create. The smaller your advertising space, the less information you can include.
- Draw attention. Grab the reader’s attention with your headline. It must be clear and simple. Immediately tell the readers what you do.
- Show the benefits. Explain your product / service and explain how you can help the reader. Excite the readers with the benefits. Most people want something that will make their lives better, save them money, advance their business or personal life etc.
- Persuade. Give people a reason to grab the opportunity. You can also include an appealing offer to prompt quick action. Further the offer by making it available for a limited time or in a limited quantity. Research shows that offering a guarantee also does increase sales.
- Call for action. Do not overlook this important aspect of your advert. Sometimes people need to be told what to do. Push them to action.
- General design. Make the advert attractive by using pictures, sub-headings, bullet points and short sentences in a language suitable for your target market.
- Keep it short and to the point. Readers do not want too much information. Be to the point and clear what service or product you offer. Readers can always get more information by making contact with you.
Who will design my ad and what do you need?
The designers at MootMark will design an ad for you, free of charge. We need the following from you:
- Your logo and any images that you would like to use in your ad. Preferably supplied in JPEG, PDF, Corel18 or Word-format. Otherwise a clear scan / photo from which we can work.
- Wording for a striking heading, content and call to action and contact nr.
- Please confirm the size of the advert for layout.
- We will send you a proof for approval before sending the booklets to the printers.
- You are more than welcome to send us your own designed ad if you prefer. You will find the exact sizes in our rate card. Preferably supply in JPEG, PDF, Corel18 (convert to curves) or otherwise Word-format.
When is the cut-off dates for new ads or renewals?
MootMark regularly publishes the cut-off dates, to make your planning easier.
- The yearly planner is published in the January edition of Rietmark.
- Every month we publish the dates for the next month in the MootMark booklet.
- Monthly cut-off dates are available on our webpage and Facebook page.
How do I choose my advert size?
You decide according to your budget and advertising needs. Have a look at the various sizes and keep these points in mind:
- Larger ads do tend to attract more attention, simply due to the size of the advert, however
- We recommend that you choose an ad size that is affordable for you over the longer term. Rather book a smaller ad but advertise repetitively, at least for 6 or 12 months. The longer you advertise, the better your response will be – we call it the snowball-effect.
- Lastly it also depends on the amount of information you would like to share with the readers. Ask us for advice if you’re not sure which ad size will be best to complement your needs.
- The longer you advertise, the cheaper your monthly payments are. We really believe long term advertising is the best option, so we offer you the lowest prices for the 12 month periods.